How and what personal data do we collect about you.
Personal data is being collected when you provide it to us directly using our site. Upon finishing an order, creating an account, signing up for discounts and promotions, subscribing to our site as such personal data will be collected and this may include the following:
- Your name, address, contact details, birthday, gender, reviews and any other you add into your account.
- Transaction and billing information such as your (info above, credit/debit card details, delivery information.)
- Any data pertaining to your communication with us through our (customer service team, social media platforms)
- Information you provide upon signing up for contests, promos, and/or participating in a survey.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA:
With the use of our site, the interaction and permissions you give us, the purpose of the collection of your data includes:
- Management and fulfillment of your order.
- Management and maintenance of your online account.
- To improve, maintain and make necessary changes to the site and development.
- For product development and market research (e.g. contacting you for feedback and reviews)
- To properly serve your queries or complaints and get back to you in a timely manner.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising as per your consent or/are otherwise permitted to do so.
- To make changes to the site and personalise content based on customers interest, your account information, browsing activity and purchase history.
- For security purposes to prevent fraud and investigate if there is any in order to protect consumers, ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Under data protection law, we rely on the following legal basis to process your personal data:
Because processing your personal data is necessary to perform all sales and transactions by you. (e.g. where you have made a purchase) as such data is used to fulfill the order and process payments.
Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. consent to receive marketing emails, promotions, where you contact us with query, or any additional account information.).
Because as an e-commerce provider it is in our legitimate interests to maintain and promote our services. We always want to have a better understanding of our customers needs in order to offer a better experience and the best products. Information and data gathered about you will enhance your view of the site, deliver interests and relevance in respect of the offers and products.
Communication is vital to our growth and relationship with our customers hence we love to communicate and so, based on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by phone, email or a post. Some of these messages maybe tailored to you basing on your last purchase, browsing activity or other information you have provided.
At any point, you may also see ads for our Site on third party websites including social media platforms. These ads maybe tailored to you using cookies which track your online activity and enables us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site. Our ad maybe shown through social media platforms due to our engagement with the social network to those who match our customer profile through demographics, interests, age, gender, location and so on. You may wish to change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser if you no longer want to see ads from Vervo.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages and emails from us ( opt in or opt out at any given time) you may contact us to change your preferences (contact details below) or by clicking to the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or by updating your account settings. Upon subscription we may still contact you with messages regarding services provided from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and or information regarding your legal rights.)
Who do we share this personal data with?
We may share your personal data to third parties upon these circumstances;
- With other companies we partner with to run and operate the site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us (e.g. payment processors and fulfilment centres)
- With third parties who work to prevent fraud and detect fraud.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities (e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.)
- To our professional and legal advisors.
Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
Your personal data and privacy rights will be protected by appropriate safeguards. We will keep your personal data for as long as we need for the above purposes and this period will vary depending on your interactions and activities with our website. For example, after a purchase is made records will be kept for the period necessary to make invoices, tax purposes and warranty purposes. If a complaint is made, we may keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Your information will be deleted from our system where we no longer have a need to keep it. When you unsubscribe to any marketing emails and communications, we will keep a record of your email address to make sure no emails will be sent to you in the future.
We will do everything in our power to make sure that all personal data from our site is always protected. However, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of any information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Our Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the site. This process involves conversion of information or data into a code to prevent any unauthorized access. We employ secure methods and follow this process to ensure all payment information of credit and debit transactions are always protected. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilized to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Our site is not intended for and should not be used by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information and personal data from children under the age of 18.
You may choose to disable cookies at any given time with your individual browser options.
YOUR RIGHTS TO PRIVACY
You have certain rights in respect with your personal data including right to access, correct, or request deletion of your data. You have the right to object to your data being used to sending you marketing campaigns.
If you have any concerns, questions or request regarding your rights to your data, please contact us using the details below. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with the applicable law. Please note that, however, there are certain limitations to these rights and there maybe circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. At any given period, you are entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
1 – 604 – 228 – 6288